This week we look at the security organisation through the looking glass. From within the org, the leaders and the partners and product/service providers we work with, we dig into some of the ways that security works with the rest of the business and customers, and how the needs of each org changes over time and necessitates the need for different mindsets to support those needs from a security perspective.
- CISO tenure, churn and average age compared to other C-levels
- How security applies to business value (or sometimes not in the obvious ways)
- What’s better on an RFP response? More detail, or just yes/no answers?
- CISOs (and all security professionals) as storytellers
- Relationships with security product vendors, VARs and others selling into organisations on how to build trust and transparency and turn from selling into true partnerships
Also, Dan successfully makes an automotive analogy; you can’t miss that!
We name drop a few friends who have shared insights that led to our comments today. Check them out and give them wave and a thanks from us!
Enjoy the episode.
- The Great Security Debate Episode 15: Jobs (Not Woz)
- Home | WomSA
- Michigan Council of Women in Technology Foundation / MCWT Foundation
- How To Quantify Cyber Risk In A (Somewhat) Simple Way | by Opinionated Security | CISO & Cyber Leaders | Medium
- The Future Of The CISO — Six Types Of Security Leaders
- 6 types of CISO and the companies they thrive in | CIO Dive
- Busting the Myth of the Two Year CISO Tenure
- Data Breaches Will Impact Stock Prices Long-Term – Intelligize
- Ransomware attack or not, Kia’s resilience is under the microscope
- Leader Communication Consulting & Speaking Coach | Speak by Design