Over the past 18 months, the way we work has changed including within the security field. On this episode of The Great Security Debate, Dan, Brian and Erik dig into some of the long-term implications of working today and beyond.
- From remote work to in-person or hybrid : what works best?
- Does security have a talent shortage, and how is it exacerbated by leadership issues?
- Was innovation and productivity stifled during COVID by remote work?
- How to build strong remote teams and learning from the history of global remote teams?
- Does remote work help or hurt the chances for smaller orgs to get good talent?
- Is money the biggest driver for people in work? How does mission and team comfort play in?
- Can we change culture of long-standing in-person culture enough to support remote/hybrid work?
- Which is better to look at, certifications or experience?
- What role does influence play in leadership and innovation, especially in non-management roles?
This episode is available in both audio and video formats. The video edition is on our YouTube channel along with a growing collection of video from previous episodes. https://youtu.be/p099pC4dh3A
Get notified via email when each new episode is published, and find out about exciting new projects from The Great Security Debate team. Sign up here: https://newsletter.greatsecuritydebate.net
Thanks for listening! Tell your friends and let us know your comments, feedback and ideas for future Great Security Debates.
- Rafeeq Rehman – Personal Blog – Information Security | Entrepreneurship | Digital EnterprisesRafeeq Rehman – Personal Blog » Information Security | Entrepreneurship | Digital Enterprises
- Cybersecurity Arm Wrestling: Winning the perpetual fight against crime by building a modern Security Operations Center (SOC): Rehman, Rafeeq: 9798733168166: Amazon.com: Books
- Making the Great Attrition the Great Attraction | McKinsey
- Automated hiring software is mistakenly rejecting millions of viable job candidates – The Verge
- Michigan Council of Women in Technology Foundation / MCWT Foundation
- Amazon.com: Radical Candor: Be a Kick-Ass Boss Without Losing Your Humanity eBook : Scott, Kim: Kindle Store
- Amazon.com: Think Again: The Power of Knowing What You Don’t Know eBook : Grant, Adam: Kindle Store
- Amazon.com: The Infinite Game eBook : Sinek, Simon: Kindle Store
- Happiness is Love — and $75,000
- Colorado = Security
- Amazon.com: Leading Without Authority: How the New Power of Co-Elevation Can Break Down Silos, Transform Teams, and Reinvent Collaboration eBook : Ferrazzi, Keith, Weyrich, Noel: Kindle Store
- Leaders Eat Last: Simon Sinek, Simon Sinek: 0191091429112: Amazon.com: Books
- Webinar: The Power of Connection – Bridging the Divide – MentorCore
- Bank Bosses Want Return to Office. Employees Want Flexibility to Work From Home – Bloomberg